An extraordinary story
Imagine a place which is far, far away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. A place with breathtaking scenery and a relaxed and undemanding pace of life, where you are always guaranteed the warmest of welcomes, friendly service and the very best of hospitality.
From a world of tangled trees and twisty trails, history and heritage, mystical creatures, hidden tales of giants and fairies, historical vintage transport, this is an Island which will remind you of how life should be.
Imagine the Isle of Man
The Isle of Man is a self-governing British Crown dependency in the Irish Sea between England and Ireland. It’s known for its rugged coastline, medieval castles and rural landscape, rising to a mountainous center.
The Island is incredibly proud of its motorsport heritage with the world famous TT and Manx Grand Prix Races attracting thousands of visitors to Manx shores each year.
Top Five Facts About the Isle of Man
- It has the oldest continuous parliament in the world, Tynwald, which dates back over 1,000 years.
- The island has many hills but only one mountain, Snaefell, 2,036ft high. From the summit, on a clear day, you are guaranteed to see seven kingdoms: the Isle of Man, England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland along with the sea and Heaven.
- The Isle of Man is home to the largest working water wheel in the world! Built in 1854 to pump water from the Laxey Mines, the wheel has a diameter of 22 metres.
- The TT Races – the initials stand for Tourist Trophy – are held over a course 37¾ miles long, which the fastest competitors can complete in just 18 minutes reaching speeds of up to 200mph.
- The RNLI was founded on the Isle of Man by Sir William Hillery.
54° 08’.7N – 04° 28’.2W
Winds: NNE through E to SE
Douglas Head: 212° x 0.8′ 14mtr depth.
Max 15mins by ship’s launch
Victoria Pier outside – protected with vertical & Yokohama fenders
140mtr up to 155mtr in certain cases
6.0mtr depending on size of the vessel
High tidal range from -0.2 to 8.3 above
Available but not complusory
An 8T bollard pull tug is available
Fully ISPS compliant
Shore gangways available
Connection on Victoria Pier
With prior approval of port authorities
Yes – Garbage skips can be provided at the pier
Passenger lounge with comfortable seating, rest rooms, Costa Coffee outlet, WH Smith and a Tourist Information Welcome Desk with advisers who can assist with maps, advice, ticket sales, bookings etc.
In town from Mon-Fri + ATM Machine at terminal building
Free WiFi at terminal building
Public telephone available within the terminal building
Just outside terminal building
Banks are in the town centre (10 min walk); there are 2 ATM machine just outside the terminal building
Inside terminal building