Cruise Britain is a joint initiative between British cruise ports and service providers such as ground handlers and port agents. The organisation is focussed on raising the profile of Britain as a world-class cruise destination. Our membership-based organisation includes the network of British ports plus the service providers that combine to provide a seamless visitor experience.
We work to create an effective, consistent and visible cruise destination brand for Britain whilst respecting regional identities. It’s these regional identities that help make our island the outstanding cruise destination that it is. Through our members we can bring together the cities and countryside, culture and heritage, scenery and activities that make a truly memorable cruise itinerary.
- To develop and raise the profile of the cruise brand of Britain
- For Britain to be considered and known as an exciting, varied and innovative cruise destination
- To continue to be a North European destination of choice for Cruise Operators when developing their itineraries.
- To create an effective, consistent and visible single umbrella cruise brand for Britain whilst respecting and differentiating regional identities.
- To increase the level of cruise calls at British ports and raise market share year on year
- To raise the profile of Britain as a great cruise destination within the trade
- To develop an effective network of industry relationships across the trade within both UK and Europe.
- To actively participate and ‘have a voice’ in matters affecting the cruise industry within UK, Europe and world-wide whether that be statutory or regulatory.
- To encourage partnership working and sharing of good practice between members in order to develop consistent and seamless levels of customer service
- To signpost the consumer to the relevant cruise booking sites via the website
Steering Group and Management
CruiseBritain is project managed by Kay Greenway and the association is directed by a Steering Group elected by the members plus a cruise line representative. The current Steering Group comprises:
- James Stangroom, Bristol Port Company and Chair of CruiseBritain
- Peter Knight, Denholm Port Services
- Sue Thomas, Cruise Wales
- Simon O’Sullivan, Intercruises
- Angie Redhead, Liverpool Cruise Terminal
- Sonia Limbrick, Port of Dover
- Ian McQuade, Portland Port
- Mary Bond, Seatrade
- Cruise line representative: James Langley, Saga Cruises
Together with our members, we have worked to create comprehensive Operating Standards guidelines which give details of service levels and facilities which cruise lines can expect from ports and service providers.
View our Operating Standards here.
Membership of Cruise Britain
Membership is open to ports, destinations and service providers and new members from across the cruise-related industry are welcomed.
View Cruise Britain Membership Benefits
View Cruise Britain Membership Criteria