Dover is the premier cruise hub for cruise lines in the South East of England, one of the busiest ports in Britain and Northern Europe welcoming around 250,000 discerning cruise passengers a year.
With state of the art facilities, award winning customer service and excellent transport links including the High Speed train to London, two main motorways and Gatwick, Stansted and Heathrow airports within close proximity.
Top Five Facts About Dover
- James Bond author Ian Fleming had a holiday home in Kent and found inspiration locally. The famous 007 tag came from the number of the London to Dover coach.
- The White Cliffs of Dover were mentioned by Julius Caesar in his account of a 55 B.C. Roman invasion and by William Shakespeare in ‘King Lear.’
- Known as the ‘key to England’, the great fortress of Dover Castle has played a crucial role in the defence of the realm for over nine centuries, a span equalled only by the Tower of London and Windsor Castle.
- Dover is the closest point in the UK to mainland Europe.
- Excellent transport links to both the UK’s capital and Europe.
51° 06.75′ N 001° 19.1′ E
Two dedicated cruise berths both with fully functional cruise terminals.
Compulsory, board by launch
2 x 54tbp – ASD Harbour Tugs
Full ISPS Shoreside screening available
2 overhead passenger gangways to Cruise Terminals, plus various Board of Trade gangways.
Bunkers are available via road tanker or bunker tankers normally from the River Thames.
All possible at Dover with the permission of the Duty Harbour Master.
Passenger lounges and a café are available in both terminals. For Port of Call visits, a Tourist Information desk with a member of the Visit Kent team is on hand to offer advice and guidance to passengers on how best to see the county.
On site in both terminals.
Free WIFI available in both terminals.
London – Gatwick 79 miles, Heathrow 105 miles, Stansted 100 miles
Located in town centre
A café can be found in both terminals.
Sonia Limbrick, Head of Business Development (Marine)
0044 (0)1304 240400 ext 5508
Alanna Kite – Marketing Manager (Travel Trade & Digital), Visit Kent
0044 (0) 1227 812910